Meet Me!

All About Me! :)

Sunday, July 12, 2026

How to survive Junior Year

 I just finished my junior year of high school and there are a few things that got me through the year even when I wanted to give up. 

1. Use a timeline or calendar to keep track of every assignment and project, anything that has a due date write it down! I made my own student planner using notion and customized it to my schedule and to my liking, so I was more motivated to use it. 

2. Rank your assignments by priority and then by how long they will take you to do. For example, if I had three assignments I would rank by the priority and timeline and then go through and rank by how long it would take me, I would do the fastest one first. 

3. Set a goal for yourself, I did this by setting a goal of getting at least 80% on all of my midterms. Doing this motivated me to study and to achieve my goal score. 

4. Spend your time wisely, whenever finals and the AP tests came up, I spent time at work studying when I could. Do your homework first and early, then move onto studying. 

5. Do not study in just one spot or one sitting, take breaks and break your familiar environment this can make studying easier as well as retention of information stronger. 

6. Do not let yourself become entirely consumed within your schoolwork, it is very important for you to give yourself breaks to not burn out. It is also important to spend time with family and friends and doing things that you enjoy. 

Your mental & physical health is always more important than school! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment